Sunday, August 15, 2010

AMITABH AND RAJNI


The fact that Rajinikant has a huge fan following is a well known fact. But at the recent audio launch of his latest film Robot, that was held in Mumbai, an emotional Rajini revealed that Amitabh Bachchan was his inspiration and guru.

“Amitabh is my role model. When I was in Lonavala last time and was going through stress Amitabh gave me a piece of advise which I follow till date. It has made my life much easier,” said Rajini.

“We have done films like Andha Kanoon, Giraftar and Hum together and I can never forget the love and affection he showered on me,” said the 60-year-old actor.

The superstar also revealed that earlier Kamal Haasan and Shah Rukh Khan had been approached to play the lead in Robot. “Fortunately I was destined to get it. But I have to thank Aishwarya Rai who agreed to act with me,” added Rajini.

Recollecting an incident that occurred during the shooting of Robot Rajnikant said, “A friend from Rajasthan visited me on the sets of Robot. When he realised that Aishwarya was the heroine of my film he was shocked. He refused to believe that she could act with me. So I must thank Ash for all the support,” he said.

The actor also revealed that the film’s budget was about Rs 150 crore as it was technically superior

No comments: